Prior to scheduling your appointment
- Have reference photos to give/show to your artist. Reference material can easily be found on the internet if you have general idea of what you are wanting to get. Also have the area you would like to place it and general size in mind. This information will help your artist quote you a price and appointment length. If you are undecided on what you want, schedule a free consultation with one of our artist or stop in the shop.
- Cover-ups generally require an in shop consultation. Consultations are free!
- Each artist has their own style so please check out their portfolios to choose who you would like to work with. Also, each artist has their own schedule and we work with everyone as best as we can.
- We do our best to accommodate walk-ins during our regular business hours as our artists schedules allow. Please feel free to call before coming in to check availability.
- Remove bandage once you return home, or when you are in a controlled enviroment and ready to begin cleaning. DO NOT leave bandage on in excess of 4 hours.
- Clean the tattoo with clean hands only. Antibacterial soap and warm water. Pat gently with a paper towel and let the tattoo get some air for 20 minutes before applying ointment.
- We recommend Eucerin's Aquaphor ointment be used, only after cleaning the tattoo with soap and water. Clean the tattoo 3-4 times per day and apply a thin layer of Aquaphor ointment, gently massaging into skin. For any excess, pat gently with a clean paper towel. (If it looks wet, it's too wet!) Do not use bath or hand towels during any phase of the healing process.
- When your tattoo begins to flake (usually 3-5 days) use a frangrance free lotion.
- DO NOT pick or scratch your tattoo during the healing process. DO NOT soak or submerge the tattoo or allow it direct sunlight for long periods.
- We also offer Saniderm for aftercare.
- Aftercare plays a huge role in how well the tattoo heals and how much color and details remains. Since lotions and ointments dry quickly and need to be applied multiple times a day, Saniderm is a great alternative.
- It is a breathable, flexible, waterproof barrier that protects from dirt, germs and other potential irritants. If you would like to know more, feel free to ask during your appointment or check out www.saniderm.com.